1 877 686.5194


Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)

The Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) is required for temporary foreign workers and for students planning to settle in the province of Quebec.

An employer based in Quebec must hold a CAQ in addition to a labor market impact study (LMIA). The CAQ certifies that immigrations in Quebec confirm the assessment made by Service Canada as to the neutral or positive impact of the hiring of a foreign worker on the local market.

Exemptions from obtaining a CAQ:

  • jobs in Quebec lasting 30 days or less do not require a CAQ;
  • when the job is not remunerated;
  • when the employer is exempt from the obligation to make a request for a Labor Market Impact Assessment with the governments of Canada (Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada) and Quebec (ministère de l’Immigration, Francization and Integration);
  • when they are exempt from the obligation to hold a work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC);
  • people for who the jobs that are exempt from EIMT do not need a CAQ to work in Quebec:
    • International agreements
    • Candidate entrepreneurs / self-employed workers
    • Transfers within a company
    • International exchange programs
    • Dependents of foreign workers
    • Religious workers
    • Academics
    • Holders of a CSQ

You have questions ?

contact us