1 877 686.5194

Are your employees working outside Canada covered by the RAMQ?

When travelling or staying outside of Quebec, the individual owning a valid health insurance card can receive health services covered by the RAMQ. However, in most cases, the RAMQ reimburses only partially.

For services to be covered, one must meet some conditions as per the length of one’s travel or stay outside Quebec.

In fact, one must live in Quebec for more than half a year; the RAMQ does verify this information. Precisely, one must register fewer than 183 days of absence in a calendar year; stays of 21 days or less, do not count.

Some individuals remain covered by the RAMQ even though they spend 183 days or more, in a calendar year, outside of Quebec. For instance, a person working as an employee or fulfilling a contract outside of Quebec for a company or institution with its head office in Quebec and to which he reports directly. Some specific steps must be taken in order to maintain that privilege.

You have questions ?

contact us