Cross-border trips and criminal records

Exceptions: Crimes committed before the age of 18, and more than five years before entering the United States; Crime offenses with a one-year sentence and for which the individual received a sentence of six months or less; and the so-called “political crimes”.

Above all, you must remember to Never lie to an Immigration Officer, and that, in all cases, the latter has full discretionary power when it comes to crime interpretation. Furthermore, you can rectify your situation by applying for a pardon in the United States, a topic we will address shortly.

For more information, please contact Yves Letendre, Immigration Consultant.