1 877 686.5194

The American Treaty Trader Visa E-1

The visa E-1 is granted to anyone coming into the United States to engage into commercial trades. 

Any person asking for an E-1 visa must own at least 50% of the company. This visa is also attributed to the company’s employees, such as Managers, Executive Officers and Specialized Knowledge workers. 

The E-1 visa is for foreigners whose country of origin has a commercial treaty with the United States. 

The following list indicates the countries possessing a commercial treaty with the United States, allowing the application for a visa E-1.



What are the conditions to meet in order to obtain an E-1 visa? 

  • More than 50% of the commercial activities must be carried out between the United Stated and the country having a commercial treaty with the United States;
  • The commercial activities must represent a substantial amount; 
  • The holder of an E-1 visa may be an independent business man, an agent, or an employee of the commercial enterprise;
  • The commercial activity may be in the areas of trading, purchase or sales of products, service or technology. 

How long can one stay in the United States with an E-1 visa? 

The E-1 visa is issued for a 5-year period, but is renewable indefinitely as long as the investment remains active.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (E-1 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the US without obtaining a student visa and accompanying spouses may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

You have questions ?

contact us